Men and Women
Saturday, 17 March 2012
Women's Complaints about Men
2. They are not sensitive to feelings and needs.
3. They are not affectionate enough.
4. They do not communicate enough. They do not express their feelings and thoughts.
5. They do not pay enough attention to their partners.
6. They do not spend enough time at home with their children.
7. They do not help with order and cleanliness of the home.
8. They do not appreciate the work involved in keeping up the home or in bearing and bringing up children and do not compensate this contribution to family life.
9. They make decisions about work and life without regarding the woman's or the family's needs.
10. They create extramarital relationships.
Men's Complaints about Women
1. Women complain, criticize and nag too much.
2. They try to control and suppress men.
3. They are seldom happy.
4. They tend to withhold as a punishment or blackmail.
5. They do not think logically, but emotionally.
6. Their emotions are not predictable but change quickly.
7. They tend to gossip.
8. They, too, create extramarital relationships.
9. They are not home enough (which for some men means - continuously)
10. They are not taking enough care of the home.
Where is this attitude driving the society? What do you complain about most?
posted by S A J Shirazi @ Saturday, March 17, 2012,
- At 11:25, Kat said...
Well unfortunately we (Mike and me)know some of those complaints as well and we work on them. But some are not true like I don't like gossip at all.
- At 12:15, Deb S. said...
As long as there have been humans, there have been complainers. I am not sure that I would characterize my culture that way, but one could make a valid argumment, I think. Most of us complain from time to time, I think. I try to catch myself when I seem to be complaining and stop myself before I get too far.
I have learned that life is what you think it is. If you think your life is miserable, then you will be miserable. The mind is powerful. We have a choice - to take our thoughts captive and stay positive, no matter what comes our way. OR we can fall into habits of negative thoughts and behaviors. If we do the latter, we can blame no one for our miseries but ourselves.
I think the thing I like most about the site you reference, Shi, is the page on Humour and Psychology. There is some great stuff there!
By the way, people who view the differences between the sexes with a bit of humor might enjoy these posts:
Rules that guys wish women knew
Rules that women wish guys knew
Obviously, this post made me think. That's one of the things you do best, my friend. :-)
- At 13:48, DareDevil said...
- At 10:34, DareDevil said...
why did you change the title!?
from "Are we a society of complainers?" to "men and women",
i am not against the new title :)
- At 20:17, 'ka said...
for #9... c'mon.. it's the year of 2006. why does it sound like a jail now?
for #10... again, it's their home, too, why not taking part of it? after all, who leave the socks everywhere on the floor?
- At 05:32, said...
You're asking why we complain, but it seems to be mainly why we complain about the opposite sex. Is it 'why do we complain', or is it 'why do we complain about different things?'
We complain about different things because we are different. Nature creates what is needed, and never creates what is not needed. The differences in men's and women's behaviors exist because the differences serve a purpose. A man does not feel a nesting instinct the same way as a woman does because to provide for a family and protect a home, he may have to leave them. He does not show his feelings as easily as a woman does because some of the things that men have had to do requires them to be cold. Nature made us different because we need those differences to survive, and even if some of the reasons no longer exist, no one can just turn them off.
An understanding of the forces in nature that shaped our development may allow us to appreciate the different ways we have both contributed to our society and allow us to change our ways. If we don't bother to understand why, we will continue to follow the instincts that have been bred into us for generations, whether they're useful today or not, and continue to complain.
- At 12:48, jalalHB said...
Oh men and women - how desperately both want each other but still complain of others indifference. The differences notwithstanding, they both need each other. But complain they will because of biological differences which make their thinking at tangent to each others.
Despite all odds, they still enjoy the nosing and complaining and sometimes it is fun (but not most of the time). I only wished they thought of each other more "mercifully"
Links to this post: